Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As the Director of Commercialization, you will be responsible for working with Product and Segment Marketing Managers to create unified GTM strategies for pricing, promotions, programs and channel enablement that maximizes the financial goals for the business. You will be responsible for developing the strategy for promotions and offers, the strategy for upsell/cross-sell, the strategy for introducing new demand sources and distribution channels, and the strategy for enabling current channels to exceed forecasts. You will also be working with the product development teams to create new monetization capabilities. These strategies will be based on data, customer insights and the brand promise that results in a highly effective shopping experience online and in-app that drives engagement, reduces friction and ultimately improves conversion. You should have a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, as well as a deep understanding of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, the overall martech market, and the competition globally.
In this role you will develop new strategies, processes, and frameworks for efficient and effective merchandising of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, each of its channels and products, and customer-relevant bundled solutions. You will execute testing and optimization to inform businesses cases and drive growth initiatives. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the Product Marketing team, the Integrated Marketing team, Product Management, and Revenue Management to develop and execute strategies.
What you'll do here:
- Set the overall commercialization strategy and plan to drive acquisition, growth and retention.
- Create promotions and manage a promotional calendar
- Create business cases for pricing, promotions, bundles, and add-ons
- Make recommendations for changes to merchandising based on market trends, opportunities, promotions and competitor activities
- Partner with Product Management and CX teams to develop functionality, requirements recommendations and priorities for merchandising needs on the site and in-app, providing input and partnering to execute launches.
- Create Marketing Programs that deliver new demand generation channels and new channels of distribution
- Create sales and partner enablement
- Create testing and experimentation plans to inform commercialization strategy
- Work with the web team to analyze site metrics and make recommendations to improve conversion and ARPU
- Create and maintain relevant reports and KPIs that detail the effectiveness and business impact of the commercialization strategy execution
- Lead and manage small team of marketers in support of these responsibilities
- Monitor competitive merchandising activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ yrs marketing and merchandising/commercialization experience in B2SMB or B2C businesses ideally in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Extensive experience creating bundles and promotional strategies for SaaS products
- Extensive experience creating and managing Marketing Programs
- Proven experience creating and managing sales and partner enablement activities
- Experience creating compelling messaging and positioning for different segments and personas
- Proven experience managing growth initiatives including testing and optimization; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Deep knowledge of pricing theory and how it drives consumer behavior
- Ability to craft compelling stories for SMB’s that drive interest and engagement with our solutions
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work/enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views and communicate/collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.