Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Customer Success team within our Support organization uses a consultative mindset to help customers plan their marketing strategy, deploy new channels, measure success, and position Mailchimp as an indispensable resource. Our team utilizes collaborative problem-solving to surface the best ideas, innovations, integrations, and capabilities to match the customers’ business goals. We share a commitment to delivering the best possible experiences to drive adoption, growth, and customer loyalty. We connect with key influencers and power users regularly to evaluate the strength of our business relationship, dig for pain points, gather and document product feedback, act as a product advocate, and relay important communications directly to our customers.
Many of our largest customers have complex challenges when switching their marketing platforms to Mailchimp. Marketing is hard and even our most savvy customers could use some TLC to ensure they are leveraging the best practices to make their efforts as successful as possible with Mailchimp. This role exists to ensure our customers are setup for success from Day 1.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for the technical parts of the processes for the implementation of Customer Success and will be the primary contact in addressing any technical issues at any state of the customers journey. You will be the product expert who possesses a strategic mindset and is customer oriented. As a coach and trusted advisor, the CSE is responsible for ensuring successful implementation of technical solutions.
- Work with a diverse customer base on an ongoing basis, implementing, troubleshooting (sometimes in real time) and filing bugs as they arise, consulting customers with solutions and best practices along the way
- Be the user’s and Success team’s go-to person for technical customer enablement and getting their data into Mailchimp
- Help customers implement and configure Mailchimp to achieve their marketing goals, including API integrations and troubleshooting API issues
- Participate in check-in calls with the Customer Success Manager for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews
- Track accounts with the Customer Success Manager to identify churn risk and work actively to eliminate risk by building a success plan to solve challenges and meet customer goals
- Work closely with Customer Success Managers, Product and Engineering to identify and track product improvements and bugs
- Drive quick time to value, product adoption, and remove integration obstacles for our new customers so that they can get up and running with Mailchimp. This includes implementing automated contact organizational processes and consulting users on how they can continuously improve their email/retention program.
- Document and build internal tools/apps to help customer success
You're a great fit if...
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a Customer Success Engineer
- You have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts cross functionally and can identify and report on customer experience trends and patterns
- You are a problem solver, have a customer centric outlook and excellent communication skills
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with REST APIs and implementing/debugging API requests
- You have a basic understanding of SQL, data warehousing (Bigquery and similar tools), and data visualization tools (Looker, Segment, Tableau, etc.)
- You have a strong commitment to learning the ins and outs of a complicated technical product
- Have a proven track record working with HTML/CSS
- Can articulate your track record listening to business problems and developing creative, scalable options for overcoming them
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.