Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s partner program contains a robust community of software companies, integrators and app developers that play a critical role in driving value for our customers. We are looking for a partner manager who will manage and cultivate this community of technology partners. This person will serve as the primary liaison between our community of technology partners and Mailchimp’s internal teams. They will help ensure that our partners have the resources they need to best support their clients who use Mailchimp. This role requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to build solutions, be proactive, and work cross-functionally.
What you'll do here:
- Account Management - Engage contacts and partners at various functional levels to educate, build, close, manage, and grow our partnerships with key companies as well as with our Technology Partner Community
- Accurately produce and manage a robust pipeline of incoming technology partners, including the use of our CRM tool to provide reports, updates and show progress
- Work closely with Mailchimp’s Product Partnerships Business Development team on transitioning new partners from the onboarding process into stable partnerships with consistent growth.
- Develop and grow deep relationships with technology partners across a comprehensive array of business categories
- Evaluation, vetting and prioritization of technology partners. Balancing the management of strategic vs. community partnerships
- Develop and drive joint go-to-market business plans with strategic partners, including quarterly business reviews
- Drive awareness and applications to the Mailchimp Partner Program
- Work directly with product managers and solutions engineers to define the best solution for our new strategic partners.
- Consistently cultivate new business opportunities with our existing strategic partners, as well as new partners
- Gain deep understanding of partner needs, target audience, key players, and industry trends
- Participation in industry events and a steady cadence of personal interaction with technology partners
- Work with the product teams to conceptualize new strategic initiatives to grow our partner network and portfolio
- Conveying feedback from technology partners to appropriate MailChimp teams to help inform design, creation, and implementation of technology resources.
- Work effectively in a heavily cross functional, fast-paced environment
- The organizational skills to set priorities, plan, and manage multiple relationships
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience working for and/or partnering with small to medium-sized technology firms, preferably SaaS
- You have extensive account management/sales experience
- You have proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- You have a strong ability to negotiate agreements, including interpreting business terms in a legal documents
- You are knowledgeable about e-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, Big Commerce, Magento, etc)
- You demonstrate the ability to think through a long-term vision for a partnership, but realize and act on the small steps needed to get there
- You follows through on items without being managed
- You are highly motivated, adaptable, and have exceptional people skills
- You have the ability to travel 30%+
- You ideally have experience with small businesses and products geared toward the small business customer
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.