Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, and our security team keeps Mailchimp’s products and users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
Our Security team is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join them. This role consists of building and managing tools to detect and respond to systems security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, and participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills and experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be a strong leader, have a keen eye for detail, and a knack for solving difficult problems. If this sounds like you and you'd like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do....
- Maintain and improve logging and security monitoring infrastructure
- Lead remediation in Red Team findings
- Provide support and participate in compliance and audit efforts
- Collaborate with Operations teams to reduce risk in new projects
- Lead new security initiatives to reduce risk in the infrastructure
We’d love to hear from you if....
- You have working knowledge of Linux administration, logging, and hardening
- You have knowledge of on-premises infrastructure architecture
- You are familiar with Elasticsearch
- You have experience with security incident response
- You have excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- You’ve conducted risk and threat assessments
- You have scripting experience in Python or Bash
- You have working knowledge of a configuration management language
Bonus points for.....
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and Containerized applications
- Familiarity with Golang
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.