Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our mobile engineering team builds Mailchimp iOS and Android apps as part of our all-in-one marketing platform. We are hiring an Engineering Manager to lead a team of Android, iOS and backend engineers and to manage mobile apps delivery. The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling a team of engineers to do their best work. You will work closely with cross functional teams to identify and refine opportunities for solving mobile customer needs. You will have a strong technical aptitude to provide valuable direction and insight, but you will prefer enabling team members, rather than creating the solutions yourself.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and grow a high performing, diverse team of 5-7 Mobile engineers on product teams:
- Provide 1:1 coaching and mentoring to engineers. Communicate effectively to peer managers and members of leadership.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, feedback, and decision making. Facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Lean on Senior and above level engineers to make technical decisions.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Align groups of people along shared goals and establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- Recognize when it's necessary to talk through difficult topics and deliver clear, candid, and actionable feedback. Coordinate healthy discussions and work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Apply criticism and mistakes as an opportunity to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
- Foster a collaborative environment with product managers, designers, marketing and others to support and implement mobile requirements
- Promote continuous improvement of engineering practices including code, architecture, platform automations, release and maintenances
We'd love to hear from you if:
You have several years of combined experience as an engineer and a leader of engineering teams, and:
- You are passionate about career growth and self-development of engineers.
- You love listening to engineers and helping them succeed in their career path.
- You have demonstrated the ability to guide engineers based on your understanding of technologies and your knowledge of best practices to build products.
- You have successfully run the day-to-day Agile scrum process for a software development team.
- You are energized by the journey of building excellent products that improve people’s lives.
- You have the ability to dive into code, grasp architecture and operational concerns and communicate with technology teams.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.