Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp believes in doing things differently and empowering the underdog - our guiding principle is Listen Hard, Change Fast. We are a team of over 900 engineers, engineers and artists, misfits and number crunchers developing the world’s leading marketing automation platform that supports 17M customers and sends more than a billion emails a day. Our mission is to democratize technology for small businesses, creating innovative products that empower our customers to grow. Mailchimp is headquartered in Atlanta, with additional offices in Brooklyn and Oakland.
Mailchimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This person will provide support for Mailchimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve hard problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You are a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, establishing what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Lead and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product and Development efforts
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize product delivery
- Provide process and tools training, coaching, and mentoring for new and established agile teams of varying degrees of size and maturity.
- You have 5 or more years of experience in project management and agile team facilitation
- You're passionate about agile development and have experience using a variety of agile methodologies
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as organizational, problem solving, presentation and facilitation skills
- You have a strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- You have a consistent record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You can demonstrate the use of project management techniques and tools
- You are flexible and able to change priorities quickly.
- You can lead others through change.
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) strongly preferred
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Our headquarters are in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.