Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand globally, shaping the perception of our platform, while driving growth. The Integrated Marketing team provides strategic guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions. We partner with the entire marketing organization and cross-functionally, helping to drive performance and meet organizational goals & objectives.
The Director, Website Strategy & Operations is responsible for the overall management of Mailchimp.com, a site supporting and driving conversion for over 1.5 million users weekly. In this role you will be responsible for the short-term and long-term site roadmaps, maintaining brand and compliance standards, working with numerous stakeholders cross functionally to improve the customer experience and providing recommendations for improvement, while managing supporting technologies, teams, and site governance at all times.
In this role you you should have experience in managing global websites in the technology space, have extensive knowledge of current and emerging digital best practices as well as be knowledgeable in global compliance standards and regulations. You're experienced in building governance frameworks and supporting processes, you've built and managed experienced teams, led large & complex digital experience projects working with a number of stakeholders and functions, and you have a drive for continuous optimization & improvement.
What you'll do here:
- Day to day management of Mailchimp.com, leading all projects, initiatives, & roadmaps
- Work with Design (Customer Experience & Content Strategy), Engineering, Merchandising, Brand, and various stakeholders to develop short-term and long-term requirements, and CMS requirements to help meet business goals & objectives
- Develop, implement, and manage all processes and Governance for Mailchimp.com to include but not limited to: QA, Testing, Tagging, Compliance, Brand Guidelines Adherence, CMS and other technology management, SEO Requirements, testing governance, Site Search, etc.
- Lead a team of experienced professionals - Attracting, recruiting, retaining, and developing team members
- Work with marketing analytics to develop recommendations based upon site benchmarks and performance to Design and Marketing team members
- Plan and coordinate all activities associated with the architecture and technical infrastructure with internal & external engineering teams as required
- Develop and execute on the roadmap for website needs/site enhancements, ultimately improving customer experience and driving increased site conversion
- Drive scalable web production processes and workflows that achieve operational efficiency, productivity, and effectiveness
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, Marketing or a Related field
- Master’s Degree preferred, MBA or similar field
- You have a minimum of 15 years of digital marketing experience with 5+ years experience in Digital operations and website management
- You are a subject matter expertise in web strategy & production, site operations, UI/UX features and functionalities, site tagging, testing operations, global compliance, optimization, device effectiveness, and SEO
- You have experience managing enterprise technologies and Content Management Systems
- You have experience working with and managing engineers & web producers
- You are experienced in working with and managing external agencies & partners
- You have experience in the B2B space Technology space
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and mind-set
- You can navigate ambiguity and change with ease
- You have experience managing and leading large complex site redesigns, rebuilds, and implementations
- You are experienced in working with large, complex, and global sites
- You're an excellent communicator
- You have thorough understanding of global digital compliance requirements & corresponding technologies to support and ensure compliance
- You have the ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing, high growth environment
- You have demonstrated agility and flexibility
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.