Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp's Security team monitors, maintains, and improves the security of the Mailchimp platform, its internal services, and its employees. Team members collaborate with teams throughout Mailchimp to ensure our product and people stay secure.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineer to join the Security team. Engineers in this role assist in securing the Mailchimp platform through building out new security features and patching issues, working on internal tools to detect and report security events, and helping educate fellow employees on best practices around writing secure code.
Security Engineers work closely with our in-house Penetration Testers, Security Operations team, and Defensive Security Engineers. Our ideal candidate is an Engineer with an interest in security who has excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What you'll do:
- Investigate and patch security issues within the Mailchimp web application
- Expand security controls and features throughout the Mailchimp platform
- Build internal tools that detect, report, and respond to security events
- Educate engineering teams on secure coding best practices
- Collaborate with product teams on building and reviewing new features
- Assist with creating and improving automated security tests
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are proficient in one or more of the following: PHP, Go, Python, Ruby, Java, SQL
- You have an understanding of common web application stacks and patterns: LAMP, LEMP, MVC
- You're interested in information security and web application hardening
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have an ability to switch between working independently and collaborating with colleagues and across teams
Bonus points for:
- Prior knowledge of information security principles, OWASP Top 10, and penetration testing a plus
- Experience with common front-end frameworks (React, Vue, Angular) a plus
- Familiarity with Linux- or UNIX-based operating systems a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.