Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
People Analytics at Mailchimp is in its infancy! You are going to build out the function - which enables Mailchimp to make better decisions about the future of its workforce by generating insights from data on our most precious asset - our people. As well as conducting analysis of available people-related data, you will chart the course that builds the people analytics capability within the People Department and helps shape the strategy for how we optimize our systems and data. This is (almost!) a blank canvas - an exciting role for a People Analytics / Data Science professional to make a real difference in an environment where we really value our people.
What you'll do:
Working as part of the People Team, which includes Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, People Operations, Compensation and Benefits, and cross-functionally with our Culture Team, you will be responsible for the following key outputs:
- Identify key data sets relating to people, driving new data collection efforts where needed, and building/enhancing efficient means of capturing, cleaning and managing data, working in partnership with the HRIS Team
- Contribute to the development of an effective data governance framework for people-related data
- Perform complex analysis of people-related data sets across multiple data sources, driven by the strategic people agenda
- Identify key insights, support decision making to enable strategy development and effective deployment
- Build visualizations to communicate data and metrics in an intuitive, compelling, customer-focused experience
- Bring the outside innwith external research, reports, analysis and themes that help inform ongoing people strategy developmet
- Provide guidance, training, subject matter expertise and other capability-building support
- Develop and drive the workforce planning process, partnering closely with our HRIS team to configure and manage the appropriate online support
- Develop and maintain accurate and up-to-date project plans and status reports for all active projects
- Develop effective working relationships with key internal customers, including the People Department leadership team and business leaders, to assist in decision support and the design and communication of our people strategies
- Over time, contribute to the development of the People Department operating model, how people-related products and services are designed and delivered leveraging technology such as automation, and based on the customer journeys / consumer patterns of internal and external stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or minor in Business Analytics, Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science OR degree in HR/people-related discipline (HR, organizational behavior, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, social psychology)
- MBA preferred but not required
- Significant experience working in a people analytics function
- Advanced working knowledge / application of MS Excel
- Strong understanding of statistical modeling
- 3+ years experience of reporting and analyzing data from complex business systems, including HR systems
- Experience of visualizing data to ensure effective communication - from generation of slide decks to complex visualizations through Tableau / Looker or similar
- Demonstrated experience deriving business insights from data and applying those insights to improve business processes or positively affect decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence senior leaders
- Project management skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving ability - balancing flexibility and innovation with proven approaches
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Workday as a core HRIS
- Strong consultative and facilitative leadership skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.