Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Total Rewards team is a dynamic group that serves MailChimp’s 1000-plus employees. Our team is a part of the larger People team and is passionate about supporting our employees, directly contributing to the culture by building Total Rewards programs that enhances the overall employee experience, as well as thinking of ways to improve processes that will scale as the organization continues to grow!
The Senior Compensation Manager is a key part of this team and will act as a thought leader, advocate, and consultant to executive leadership, management, and People Operations regarding compensation programs, policies and practices. As well as building our company’s compensation philosophy and strategy, you will also be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and managing compensation programs for U.S. and international operations, researching best practices to ensure Mailchimp’s pay philosophy aligns to competitive market trends and managing program compliance. While we have a good foundation in place, you will have the opportunity to have a real business impact by taking our compensation practice to the next level. If this sounds like you, and you’d like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do here:
- Work closely with the Director of Total Rewards and SVP of People in developing, implementing, and evaluating company-wide compensation strategy, policies, programs, pay structures and functions.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures recommending plan revisions that are consistent with compensation trends and company objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to employees and managers.
- Work closely with People Partners and managers regarding pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, as well as job evaluation, promotion and retention strategies
- Build manager capability in making sound compensation decisions by designing and delivering education and training programs
- Work closely with the Payroll department on pay practices and workflow
- Manage the administration of direct compensation (executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs), including the processing, recording, and reporting of compensation-related actions related to employees.
- Develop techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
- Review and analyze salary surveys to ensure the company’s compensation objectives are achieved.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Regularly audit compensation decisions to ensure equal pay.
- Responsible for managing compensation team and future hiring needs within the department.
- Ensure budget adherence to the overall operating plan by guiding fiscally responsible pay practices and decisions
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years years of compensation experience
- You have 3+ years supervisory experience
- You possess strong interpersonal communications effectiveness, including verbal, written, presentation and persuasion skills with the ability to present ideas at the senior level and gain executive buy-in and alignment around key priorities
- You have the ability and passion to build collaborative relationships, both within the department and among internal customers
- You have strong analytical skills with an ability to collect, weigh and analyze data on many factors to determine the best compensation decisioning for the company.
- You have in-depth knowledge of compensation theory, principles, and practices and in-depth knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to compensation such as FLSA, ADA, Wage and Hours, etc
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Pay Factors
- Experience with Workday (HRIS)
- Experience with Google Apps
- PHR or SPHR
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.