Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a Senior Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for the growth and development of Group Product Managers and Product Managers. You will be responsible for guiding a team in identifying our customers’ challenges and collaborating with other cross functional teams to iteratively define, develop and deliver experiences that exceed customer expectations. You should be a leader that is passionate about developing high-value experiences as well as being a great communicator who is adept at knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally at a peer and executive level.
What you'll do here:
- Help lead Product Managers in setting product strategic direction and defining and articulating new ways to provide customers value. Support Product Managers in evangelizing these opportunities within and across Domains and Squads and with leadership
- Work closely with executive leadership, Engineering , Design and Marketing to continuously provide high-value, easy to use experiences
- Support efficient ways of working by helping to identify cross-functional impact of major product decisions, helping resolve key dependencies, mitigate risk
- Partner with Product Insights to establish and monitor key performance metrics across the product experience, working with Product Managers to develop strategies for improvement
- Lead the development and implementation of scalable processes and/or tools to enable productivity
- Leverage knowledge to evangelize growth and experimentation opportunities
- Inspire and empower Product Managers by modeling good Product Management behaviors such as leading through influence, relationship development, collaboration and customer empathy
- Create clear and measurable goals for the team, providing coaching and leadership aligned to Mailchimp values, Product department and personal growth objectives
- Provide active mentoring and coaching in product management, product development and leading and managing teams
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Extensive experience in product management, product marketing, business development, with demonstrated experience building experiences for SaaS Products, E-commerce, Mobile Apps; experience building products for SMBs a plus
- Experience scaling and managing a product team at a growing organization; strong cross-functional skills with experience managing highly cross-functional teams
- Expertise in developing a crawl, walk, run product vision with accompanying product roadmap
- Compelling storytelling ability with experience communicating concepts and ideas to all levels and all directions of an organization
- Experience with ability to drive change within an organization
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization, and in a variety of contexts.
- Fluency in analytics, and using data to inform the direction of the product.
- Strong prioritization and negotiating skills.
*Note that there will be 25% travel required (every 4-6 weeks to Atlanta headquarters)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.