Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Technical Content team is made up of writers, producers, and content strategists who design, write and maintain our public Knowledge Base, produce visual assets, and work within cross-functional teams to make sure changes and new features are effectively and efficiently communicated to our users. We collaborate across teams at Mailchimp to build the best educational documentation so our users can become exceptional marketing experts.
We are looking for a Technical Content Manager to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a skilled and empathetic people manager who is passionate about helping users succeed. You love to help your team grow and flourish within their role. You also enjoy cross-team collaboration and work to build strong teams and great products. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
- Lead a team of content practitioners responsible for designing and evaluating a variety of content types within the Knowledge Base
- Collaborate with Technical Content team leadership to define team goals, identify staffing needs, and assign writers, producers, and other team members to projects/domains
- Develop and communicate content strategy recommendations to project teams, including audit findings, content types, template requirements, etc.
- Make recommendations that shape Mailchimp’s knowledge base, advocating for a user-centered, data-informed approach to content planning
- Plan large-scale content evaluation efforts and identify opportunities for content testing based on analytics, user feedback, and other performance data
- Create tools and guides to empower content practitioners to do their best work
- Ensure creation and direction of all content meet KB standards and align with company goals
- Collaborate with marketing, research, support, design, and product teams to understand requirements, identify user needs, increase efficiency, ensure brand consistency, maintain open communication, improve feedback loops, and work toward business goals
- Provide project deadlines as needed, facilitate content critiques, lead workshops on topics like content design best practices and brand voice, and advise on content execution
- Coordinate and acquire assets for team growth and success
- Provide support and mentorship, onboard new team members, remove operational blockers, and identify opportunities for individual growth
- Experience as a content strategist, content designer, copywriter, or related position, ideally in a product-focused, technical, or agency environment
- Proven management experience in a technical or agency environment
- Understanding of UX principles and experience working with research to validate decisions
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to contribute to both high-level strategy while being hands-on in the content design process
- Experience working within a CMS
- Ability to manage cross-functional team members of varied disciplines and relationships with other cross-functional team members
- Comfortable collaborating with staff at any level of the organization
- Comfortable pulling reports, measuring content success, and interpreting analytics
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Excels at partnership and establishing relationships
- Experience with managing and prioritizing projects independently
- Comfortable working on new, changing, and fast-paced projects
- Experience with technical writing, production, and/or agency work a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.