Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Communications team at Mailchimp works across departments to develop and share messages for both internal and external audiences. This role will focus on external communications, but provide internal support as needed.
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Manager to join our team, focusing specifically on helping Mailchimp share stories about our marketing platform, products and features, and partnerships. You’ll work across departments, like Marketing and Product, to build processes and develop and execute successful PR strategies to position Mailchimp as a leading marketing platform for small business.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a variety of communications projects, including media relations, PR, speaking, and message development. The role requires initiative, strong writing, communication, and critical thinking skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work cross-functionally, proven media relations experience, flexibility, and a willingness to learn. You’ll have the opportunity to build a team, grow and develop product PR programs, and expand the overall capabilities of Mailchimp’s corporate communications.
This position reports to the Director of Corporate Communications. The Corporate Communications team is part of the Communications and Corporate Affairs department which also includes Internal and Strategic Communications, as well as Corporate Citizenship and Public Affairs.
What you'll do here:
- Lead platform, product, and partnerships media and PR opportunities including product launches, partnership announcements, and thought leadership (strategy and message development, research, speaking and events, writing, media pitching, briefing materials and talking points, etc.)
- Work with cross-functional teams and agency partners to drive positive PR outcomes
- Support other corporate communications and PR initiatives where needed (event backgrounders for executives, social media opportunities and copy, etc.)
- Work with internal communications team to ensure strategic alignment
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a PR or corporate communications role; PR agency experience a plus
- You have strong writing and editing skills
- You're a self-starter with experience managing projects from ideation to completion
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.