Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Communications team at Mailchimp works across departments to develop and share messages for both internal and external audiences. This role will focus on external communications, but provide internal support as needed.
We’re looking for a Corporate Communications Associate to support our team, focusing specifically on helping Mailchimp share stories about our marketing platform, products and capabilities, and partnerships. You’ll help build processes and develop successful PR strategies to position Mailchimp as a leading marketing platform for small business.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting and leading a variety of communications projects, including media relations, PR, and message development. The role requires initiative, strong writing, communication, and critical thinking skills, the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and work cross-functionally, proven media relations experience, flexibility, and a willingness to learn.
What you'll do:
- Leading platform, product, and partnerships media and PR opportunities including product launches and partnership announcements (strategy and message development, research and reading, speaking and events, media pitching, background materials)
- Working with cross-functional teams and agency partners to drive positive PR outcomes and results
- Supporting other corporate communications and PR initiatives
- Working with internal communications team to ensure strategic alignment
- Supporting executive and strategic communications initiatives (event backgrounders for executives, social media opportunities and copy)
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in a PR or corporate communications role; some PR agency experience a plus
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Self-starter with experience managing projects from ideation to completion
- Preferred experience in technology industry, B2B, or SaaS product PR
- Understanding of the Mailchimp platform and our business
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.