Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Quality Assurance team works closely with the Product and Ops teams to help make sure we’re delivering useful, working tools with every release. Analysts test new features and updates to Mailchimp’s products with an eye toward user experience, catching bugs and experimenting with how features can be used in real-world settings. We’re looking for someone with a passion for investigation to join the team as Testing Manager.
This role will foster technical and professional development of a team of QA Analysts while advocating for testing practices throughout the company. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, skilled manager, highly diplomatic, process-oriented, and always on the lookout for new approaches to both testing and leadership. This role has a significant impact on the health of the Mailchimp product as well as the success of testing within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Manage direct reports, helping them juggle multiple projects and manage their time on short- and long-term projects
- Support direct reports’ long-term career development, helping them build their skills in software testing
- Foster an environment of cross-team collaboration where questions are welcome and success is celebrated
- Advocate for QA’s early involvement in development projects and help make early involvement successful
- Work to refine and evangelize Mailchimp’s QA practices and processes
- Develop technical education programs and workshops for team meetings
- Organize team communications and projects
- Help to drive the interviewing and hiring of a diverse QA team
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Several years of experience working in a testing environment with full time testing and/or testing adjacent responsibilities
- Prior management or team lead experience
- Experience working within an Agile-based environment
- Experience with interviewing and hiring diverse and highly performant teams
- A proven track record of effective performance management and coaching of individual contributors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with technical and non-technical teams as well as upward and broadly
- Ability to balance app stability with the need to release features quickly
- Ability to adapt priorities on the fly based on emerging needs of our users and Mailchimp engineering
- Proficiency in JIRA or similar project management systems
- Familiarity with browser based development tools and GitHub
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing in a large scale SAAS environment
- Project management experience
- Highly process-oriented thinking
- Experience testing mobile applications
- Experience with web based test automation-leveraging Selenium Webdriver
- Experience with mobile test automation leveraging Appium or other industry solutions
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.