Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and customer experience design. We work cross-functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
We’re hiring a Senior Director of Content Strategy to lead, develop, and maintain our end-to-end experience through content strategy initiatives and growth. In this role, you will partner with marketing and product orgs to ensure content supports our brand positioning and core business strategies. This individual will lead a team of content strategists and their managers across multiple channels including web, mobile, social, and app experience (desktop and mobile). The Senior Director of Content Strategy will drive retention and engagement, establishing scalable content strategy programs in collaboration with product, design, and marketing leaders across the organization. You have inherent empathy for users and a passion for simplicity, you quickly orient around business goals, and you can manage a variety of stakeholders. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges, and obsessing about how we communicate with our customers.
You feel confident shaping the customer experience through content, you have experience improving cross-functional processes for UX practitioners, and you thrive in collaborative environments. You embrace operational challenges in scaling your team, have experience with career pathing in content strategy and UX, and are well-versed in navigating organizational change. As the Senior Director of Content Strategy, you’ll have the potential to make a big impact on the organization and help small businesses around the world grow.
What you’ll do:
- Shape the end-to-end Mailchimp content experience working strategically across various depts such as marketing and product
- Articulate the value of content strategy and structures and cultivate resources to support the practice
- Advocate for content strategy team and initiatives to senior leadership
- Lead a growing team of content strategists and managers and oversee hiring and staffing strategies
- Work closely with Design directors and leaders to cement role of content within the customer experience and evolve department culture
- Develop content strategy talent, establish career pathing, and develop programs that sustain team growth and health
- Oversee and advocate for content efforts that map to high-level business goals and product strategy
- Help content strategy managers establish frameworks that hold our content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness, and style, ensuring that all of our content is on-brand and consistent with Mailchimp’s voice.
- Project budgetary needs
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a track record for leading and growing UX/content/design teams and establishing foundational processes
- You have worked closely with engineering and product management leaders and their teams as part of the software development process
- You hold a passion for small business and new technology tools
- Experience working in e-commerce and SMB related fields is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.