Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp CX & Design is a multi-disciplinary department comprised of brand design, marketing design, product design, design operations, and customer experience design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing to product to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and bring the Mailchimp brand to life.
The Senior Director of Customer Experience is responsible for defining, measuring, and driving a world-class customer experience for Mailchimp across every customer touchpoint. You will lead and grow a team that will identify and drive the optimization of key customer-facing areas to connect the dots across the brand from marketing the brand, to using the product, to help supporting the customer. This team will be responsible for the management and delivery of the CX strategies, tools, concepts, and measurement.
As the Senior Director of Customer Experience you will work with cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, customer support, design, product, engineering, and back office teams to drive a culture of customer-centric thinking throughout the organization. You will have proven success in elevating customer experience, strong vision, and a mindset that views customer experience as Mailchimp’s most important “product.” You should also have experience creating world-class systems and processes to measure and improve customer experience. In this role, you will be part of the design and experience leadership team and report to the SVP of CX & Design.
What you’ll do here:
- Define, measure and manage Mailchimp’s end-to-end customer experience strategy
- Build a world-class team that can drive optimization of key customer-facing opportunities (processes/workflow/deliverables)
- Create a vision for how each customer-facing process will evolve, and align the company around that vision
- Define and curate the right CX measurement tools for the organization (e.g. help capture the brand’s unified Voice of the Customer)
- Translate complex data into experience strategies that have measurable impact on the product, business and overall customer journey as measured through NPS
- Use research insights (VoC) to help influence marketing and product development and future product roadmaps
- Champion and implement UX tools (e.g. journey mapping, personas)
- Create internal systems and processes that improve and optimize customer experience
- Be the champion for customer experience across the company and provide executive visibility around key customer experience metrics
- Partner closely with marketing and product organization to drive critical improvements in the overall customer experience
- Measure and assess Mailchimp's overall customer experience and improve this over time (key metrics)
- Benchmark C/UX trends, consumer needs, and competitor moves
- Spearhead and develop optimization strategies for specific touch points
- Provide strategic insights about the customer voice to leadership (based on analytics and experience)
- Work closely with other key cross-functional stakeholders to drive required changes to improve customer experience
- Be the strategic and analytical expert on all things related to Mailchimp’s customer experience: opportunities, misses, strengths and weaknesses
- Build a culture and system that inspires the entire organization to become even more customer-centric in their efforts to support our customer needs by leveraging the customer insights generated from this team
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have solid experience in product, marketing, and user experience design
- You have 10+ years of leadership in Customer Experience
- You have 15+ years of supervisory, management, or leadership experience
- You have 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in branded products or systems
- You have a solid understanding of CX/UX strategies best practices, principles, and models
- You have experience leading UX design teams and deliverables (visual, interaction, copy, user research, front end engineers)
- You have a solid understanding of branding
- You have a high IQ and EQ with proven strong leadership and decision making
- You are a strong communicator with the ability to articulate and sell a vision
- Your execution skills are top notch and you have the ability to drive action and accountability
- You have hired and managed world-class talent
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and mind-set with a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- You can navigate ambiguity and change with ease
- You have a proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- You have the ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.