Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The HR and Benefits team is a dynamic group that serves MailChimp’s 1000-plus employees. Our team is apart of the larger business operations team and is passionate about supporting our employees and thinking of ways to improve processes that will scale as the organization continues to grow! As our Benefits Manager, you are responsible for surveying industry and/or community to determine company’s competitive position in employee benefits. You will develop, recommend and install approved, new or modified plans and employee benefits policies and supervises administration for existing U.S. and Canada benefit plans. If this sounds like you, and you’d like a chance to join the MailChimp team, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do here:
- Administer employee benefits programs such as retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; and wellness programs.
- Evaluate and compare existing company benefits with those of other employers by analyzing other plans, surveys and other sources of information.
- Plan, develop and/or participate in area and industry surveys; analyze results of surveys and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain company's competitive position and obtain uniform benefits package for all company locations, where possible.
- Work closely with the Director of Benefits and Mailchimp’s benefits broker to evaluate carrier quotes and make recommendations to management; develop company cost information for new plans and make premium cost share recommendations to management.
- Install approved new plans or changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees. Conduct employee meetings and arrange for enrollment. Advise and counsel management and employees on existing benefits.
- Prepare and execute, with legal consultation, benefits documentation, such as original and amended plan texts, benefit agreements and insurance policies. Instruct insurance carriers, trustees and other administrative agencies outside the company to effect changes in benefits program. Ensure prompt and accurate compliance.
- Assure company compliance with the provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Affordable Care Act. Supervise preparation of reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies, such as Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, insurance commissioners, and other regulatory agencies. Review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report necessary or suggested changes to management. Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs.
- Continue to bring in knowledge of global benefit trends, best practices, and regulatory issues.
- Work closely with internal and external legal counsel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage all benefits staff and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
- Handle escalated benefits inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Oversee administration of leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leave of absences/disabilities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 5-7 years of experience in HR, with significant experience managing a team
- You have 3 or more years experience working with HRIS systems, Workday is preferred
- You are an excellent communicator and presenter
- You have excellent customer service skills, supporting both internal and external customers.
- You have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- You have working knowledge of all pertinent and ongoing federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, affecting employee benefit programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements
- You must maintain complete confidentiality at all times
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.