Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
The Product Design team sits at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing and editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
We’re looking for a creative Product Design Manager with a solid understanding of design process within mid to large size organizations to lead our Mobile design team. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges and obsessing about cultivating transparency and guiding design approaches. You’re highly collaborative and comfortable leading design critiques. If this sounds like you, and you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Actively manage product designers and provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations, and help promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture as well as mentor and grow team
- Manage team’s visibility, documentation and process tools
- Work closely with front end and engineering managers to advance patterns and standards as well as finalize timelines and deliverables
- Work with the team to ensure exceptional design deliverables; set and exceed best practices and standards, measurable impacts, and design integrity in the final product
- Motivate the team to create designs that constantly push boundaries to keep Mailchimp at the forefront of UX design
- Oversee project timelines and deliverables, guide production pipeline and communicate evolving project goals
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years product design experience, with extensive experience leading and designing for mobile solutions
- Strong experience building, managing and leading product design teams, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Bachelor degree in relevant field highly preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the creative process leader on projects
- Ability to embrace change and hyper-growth with nimble ease in adapting
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.