Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Design department is a multi-disciplinary team comprised of brand design, product design, design operations, and portfolio design. We work cross functionally with just about every team from marketing, to product, to culture to deliver a unified customer experience and make things feel like Mailchimp.
We’re hiring a Director of UX Content Strategy to lead our team of UX Content Strategists and managers working on the app experience across our desktop and mobile products. The Director of UX Content Strategy will drive retention and engagement, establishing scalable product content programs in collaboration with product, design, and content leaders across the organization. You have inherent empathy for users and a passion for simplicity, you quickly orient around business goals, and you can manage a variety of stakeholders. You love working with a diverse array of people, embracing design challenges, and obsessing about how we communicate with our customers.
You thrive in collaborative environments, and you feel confident developing a vision for the role of content, mentoring, and identifying goals each year to evolve the UX Content Strategy practice. You embrace operational challenges in scaling your team, and you are well-versed in navigating organizational change. As the Director of UX Content Strategy, you’ll have the potential to make a big impact on the organization and help small businesses around the world grow.
What you’ll do here:
- Drive content vision and oversee an overarching content strategy to ensure consistent voice and tone across the Mailchimp app experience.
- Establish frameworks that hold our content to high standards of clarity, effectiveness, and style, ensuring that all of our content is on-brand and consistent with Mailchimp’s voice.
- Help maintain and evolve brand voice, global style guides, and templates.
- Organize and lead a growing team of Managers and UX Content Strategists working to craft clear and compelling product copy across Mailchimp applications (web, iOS, Android) and platforms
- Develop creative talent, establish growth tiers, and develop programs that sustain team growth and health
- Plan content efforts that map to high-level business goals and product strategy
- Develop standards, guidelines, and resources that communicate best practices, and workflows for content creation, distribution, maintenance, retrieval, repurposing, and retiring
- Work closely with Marketing, Design, Product, and Support teams to ensure content is optimized for the user experience
- Work closely with Product teams and peers to test content and gauge its effectiveness
- Work with content owners across the company to refine and measure content performance against business goals
- Advocate and evangelize for UX content strategy across departments
- Project budgetary needs and shape hiring strategy
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working within design teams as a respected leader in content strategy
- Worked closely with engineering and product management teams as part of the software development process
- Experience hiring and managing a team of content creators and strategists
- Proven editorial skills and experience in multimedia storytelling
- A passion for small business and new technology tools
- Contributed to UX and content strategy operations
- Basic understanding of HTML, Google Analytics, and content monitoring platforms
- Experience working in e-commerce and SMB related fields is a plus
- Experience working on translation and localization efforts is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.