Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Our Data Science team builds features that make sense of the data created by Mailchimp’s millions of users and their billions of audience members. We apply data science to empower small businesses with insights, and we work closely with Mailchimp’s Engineering teams to make insights actionable for our customers.
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to join us and sit at the nexus of Mailchimp's Operations and Data Science teams. The ideal candidate will be focused on enabling our team of data scientists and engineers to do their best work. You will help distill product requirements and direction into well-defined topics for research and implementation. You will work closely with Product Management to identify and refine opportunities for data-driven features. You will understand techniques and technologies sufficiently to provide valuable direction and insight, but you will prefer enabling team members, rather than solving problems yourself.
What you'll do:
- Lead a team of talented data scientists and engineers working on a variety of problems at scale
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the team
- Provide continuous feedback, recognize individual strengths, and address issues as needed for your team members
- Promote continuous improvement of the team's code, architecture, and agile processes
- Collaborate with product managers, application engineers, and others to define the vision for data science at Mailchimp
- Build cross-functional relationships with product managers, application engineers, and others to understand and support data requirements
- Drive data quality throughout the company
- Work closely with the recruiting team to hire high potential candidates from diverse backgrounds
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Data Science or related fields
- You have experience managing and scaling 5-20 person teams
- You have strong project management skills
- You have a degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Experience that is nice to have:
- Python and associated data science ecosystem
- Machine Learning
- Google Cloud Data platform: BigQuery, Dataflow, etc.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.