Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
As a part of the Database Engineering team, we are looking for a new Database Engineer to join us in maintaining, growing, and improving our relational database infrastructure. Together we’ll provide our internal customers with a highly available and approachable database layer. We’ll enable Mailchimp’s understanding of business-critical processes and support the tools that Mailchimp’s customers use to find and fine-tune their audiences.
While furthering this mission, you’ll relish the challenge of troubleshooting issues, continuing to learn and providing clarity. You’ll seek creative long term strategies that improve everyone's experience with our infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Assist the KTLO (keep the lights on) team, designing and implementing improvements to our database infrastructure using MySQL, Percona and supporting tools
- Support other engineering teams that rely on our database infrastructure to support Mailchimp’s growth
- Participate in the on-call rotation to ensure the MySQL and Postgres databases and Redis infrastructure run smoothly
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 2-3 years experience working as a MySQL database administrator
- You’ve written basic tools and scripts (Bash, Python, or Golang)
- You are able to display a working comprehension of Linux administration
- You’re naturally curious with an aptitude for learning technologies, but know when to ask for help
- You like to experiment: you’re comfortable with trying things, occasionally failing, and trying something else
- You embrace and demonstrate our core values: humility, creativity, and independence
Bonus points, but not a requirement:
- Basic understanding of the relational database paradigm and replication methods
- Experience in Puppet or some config management (Salt, Ansible, etc.)
- You’re interested in straddling the line between dev and ops, adding value to both
If you are excited about the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.