Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to provide support for Business Operations leadership on the successful execution of our strategic initiatives. This role is responsible for the successful organization and management of assigned strategic projects, this centralized function will report to the VP of Business Operations.
This person work directly with our Senior Leadership Team, so we are looking for a Senior Project Manager who can collaborate with all levels and will thrive in an environment where decisions are made as a group and with candid feedback. The right person is eager to support the team in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment. This person will need to resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, figuring out what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross-functional team planning for assigned business-level operational projects and initiatives
- Facilitate planning, progress tracking, communication and reporting for company strategic initiatives
- Lead strategic operational initiatives involving one or more functions and teams to drive progress and success against company business objectives
- Coordinate activities of supporting teams, track progress against established plan and makes decisions to alter or update schedule and resource allocation to meet business objectives
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize delivery of business-level projects
- Oversee and ensure all status materials are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5 years or more of experience in Project / Program Management, Operational leadership, or Strategic Consulting for a SaaS business
- You have a history of organizing, planning and successfully managing both long-term and short-term initiatives in a fast moving, fast growing, and dynamic technology company
- You're a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills who has an ability to balance persuasiveness with active listening of diverse perspectives to achieve positive results
- You have the ability to act in a leadership role on cross-functional projects with clearly defined plans and objectives
- You have a strong desire to learn from and collaborate with a variety of functions across the organization
- You have strong organizational, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- You demonstrate use of project management techniques and tools
- You are able to coordinate with cross functional work teams towards task completion
- You're flexible and able to change priorities quickly as well as lead others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.