Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Executive Assistant – Talent & Comms provides executive and administrative support to the SVP of People (to be hired) and the VP of Talent, VP of Communications. The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, and passionate about his/her work as an administrative & business support to senior level leadership.
This person needs to be a team player with a positive attitude and professional disposition. Confidentiality and discretion are key for this role and must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, the candidate needs to work well with all levels at Mailchimp and external partners.
- Assist SVP & VPs daily and gatekeep: schedule meetings, prioritize business needs appropriately, organize & track projects - provide administrative support to Mailchimp’s leadership within the talent and comms teams, ensure leaders are prepared for all meetings and logistics are arranged ahead of time to optimize work/life balance
- Heavy calendar management; be flexible to accommodate last minute changes and additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met
- Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality and discretion, initiative, and sound decision-making
- Plan and execute all associated logistics around meetings (agendas, copies, room set up, catering), initiate and coordinate departmental and off-site meetings, conferences, etc
- Coordinate both domestic and international travel arrangements, create detailed itineraries for the Executives and process expense reports in a timely fashion
- Presentation creation and editing via google slides and/or powerpoint, keynote
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications and documentation
- Collaboration & close work with department staff and all Executive Assistants as needed
- Occasional personal tasks and personal calendar management as needed
- Maintain close relationships with the teams who report to the Executives, be the Execs eyes and ears on the ground, alert the executives of important cultural issues within team
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating needs of Executives before being asked as much as possible
- 4+ or more years relevant experience in a VP-level, executive support role at the highest corporate level. Prior Senior Leadership Team member support is required. Experience within HR, Talent, and/or PR/Communications departments preferred.
- Prioritizes tasks and meets deadlines with minimal supervision. Strong problem solving and quick thinking.
- Independently explores and learns about the company, the role and how to get things done in a complex environment.
- Strong team player. Collaborates well with other executive assistants. Willing to chip in and help in other areas.
- Experience and skill creating and organizing presentations and reporting for executive audience.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects and urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility and ability to execute quickly.
- Thinks ahead, minimizing potential problems. Proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates openly and directly. Adjusts communication to level of audience. Responds professionally.
- Ability to handle highly confidential material.
- Ability to work efficiently and handle multiple projects and tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite.
- Takes initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company. We offer our 700+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.