Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, driven and skilled leader who can bring an understanding of analytics and the ability to apply those analytics to solve real customer and business problems. In this role, you’ll be building and leading a team of product analysts and cultivating a culture of data-driven decision making. As Director of Product Analytics you will be responsible for leading a team of Product Analysts to help product teams define success metrics, build data-driven roadmaps and track progress towards solving customer problems. Your role will be part people manager (grow and develop a team), part strategist (help shape product strategy) and part evangelist (drive data-driven decision-making). You will work cross-functionally with other leaders in Marketing Analytics, Data Science and Finance to ensure alignment in tracking and reporting on what matters, as well as data governance. The ideal candidate will be able to combine deep knowledge of sophisticated analytics with effective storytelling, strong people development and the ability to influence and partner cross-functionally.
- Grow the Product Analytics team both through hiring and coaching, training and mentoring existing team members
- Cultivate an understanding of how product analytics connects to business strategy and product strategy and how analysts can effectively partner with product teams to build data-driven roadmaps
- Lead a team of Product Analysts in successfully partnering with cross-functional teams to define success metrics, craft approaches to track the data and identify errors, quantify and evaluate the data, develop a common language for colleagues to understand KPIs and ensure consistency of data-driven decision-making throughout the org
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the organization, including senior leadership
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: strive to be a domain and product authority through data, develop trust amongst your peers and leaders, and ensure that your team has access to data to make decisions
- Be an advocate for data-driven everything with the ability to focus on the big picture takeaways of any analysis while being able to speak to the underlying details
- Partner with Marketing Analytics, Data Science, Business Operations and Finance to synthesize data from across the organization
- Provide a leading voice in the ongoing work across the company to establish and maintain consistent data definitions and data/analytics strategy
- Evangelize utilizing experimentation (A/B testing) to validate hypotheses and assumptions and measure impact
- Identify gaps in existing data and work with Engineering teams to implement data tracking
- 7+ years of work experience in data analytics or a related discipline and 2+ years of management experience, preferably within a digital business (SaaS or Ecomm preferred)
- A passion for analytics, using data to inform decision-making and the ability to tell stories using data
- Proven track record in leading a team specifically hiring, building and developing a team
- Working knowledge of managing large data sets, and using analytics and data science tools (eg - SQL, Python, R)
- Ability to work and communicate with non-technical colleagues to analyze data and solve problems
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to gain trust and influence others; proven track record of creating buy-in for ideas and initiatives
- Confidence working with ambiguity, unknown variables, and missing context (and find ways to bridge those gaps, when necessary)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present and communicate data to senior management
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.