Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
We are looking for a seasoned marketing operations pro to lead and continue to build the marketing operations function for the Mailchimp marketing team. This role will lead the marketing operations function for the Mailchimp marketing team, driving strategic planning and guidance, and manage the infrastructure that enables marketing performance. This person will have a highly visible role within marketing and throughout the organization. Their team will provide valuable insights, recommendations, and process improvement that directly impact marketing investments and the operational functions for the marketing organization. This person will act as a trusted advisor to marketing team leadership and leaders cross-functionally - responsible for transforming processes, improving communication, and strategic alignment - ultimately helping to improve business performance.
- Marketing Effectiveness: Work with marketing leadership and the marketing analytics team to build marketing KPIs and goals for programs, projects, and campaigns. Assist the marketing leadership team and the marketing analytics team with prioritizing and understanding the impact of programs. Assist with pipeline forecasting, funnel development, and evolving lead management. Drive operational improvements that support programs and meet program goals.
- Budget: Manage the overall marketing budget and associated processes, working with marketing leaders and finance to ensure compliance. Assist in budget development based upon program performance and organizational goals, reporting out on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Align investments with performance reporting, making actionable recommendations with the marketing analytics team.
- Technology: Understand business needs and requirements, implementing and managing marketing tools and technologies. Lead the acquisition process for new tools and technologies.
- Process, Planning, and Program Management: Drive the marketing planning process, continuously improving processes and developing efficiencies based upon business need. Drive adoption of best practices for marketing planning and execution. Monitor operational effectiveness by identifying changing business conditions and recommending corrective action. Build governance and compliance requirements for the entire organization. Manage a team of program and project managers that are task with guiding marketing team members. Proactively collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders (business operations, design, product, and engineering) to build, update, and implement processes as required.
- Web Operations: Manage a team that supports and manages all aspects of Mailchimp.com
- Communication and Alignment: Collaborate with different teams throughout the company to drive alignment. Work with leadership to build and own holistic marketing calendars, communications, and plans - driving strategic alignment.
- Agency Management: Develop and manage the outside agency RFP process and agency partnerships. Build a partner/vendor management program to support marketing goals and needs.
- You have significant experience in marketing and marketing operations
- You have experience managing and building an experienced team of marketing professionals
- Experience in building, implementing, and managing cross-functional processes and plans
- You have a strong understanding of marketing programs and strategies across all marketing channels
- You have experience building and managing demand funnels to drive marketing performance
- You have experience managing web operations and associated compliance standards and web processes
- You have the ability to evaluate, coordinate, and prioritize requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Very strong organization, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- You have experience in the B2B space
- You have direct experience in the software industry and SaaS leadership presence
- Experience in a global organization is preferred
- You have excellent communication and prioritization skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.