Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform, empowering millions of small businesses around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM and analytics tools.
We are seeking a Vice President of Revenue Management who will lead the team responsible for optimizing pricing and price structure of the platform, as well as address untapped go-to-market opportunities on an ongoing basis. This position partners closely with business stakeholders across different functions to identify, analyze, and execute on opportunities that grow market penetration, increase revenue and drive customer impact in support of the overall business strategy. The ideal VP of Revenue Management is a strong business leader capable of influencing senior executives, a core member of Mailchimp’s strategy task force and a strong voice in product and feature design decisions.
What you'll do:
- Recruit and lead a team of revenue management professionals that will help execute the activities below and integrate in agile teams in charge of multiple initiatives requiring pricing input (e.g., new feature development, new market entry, new channels)
- Continuously investigate new & innovative pricing structures to optimize user adoption, revenue, profitability, and revenue assurance. Develop scenarios and present recommendations for improvement to the executive team
- Lead operational and strategic planning, testing, and revenue objectives of pricing tiers and products
- Develop, implement, and deploy tactical pricing to support revenue objectives while ensuring alignment with market trends
- Develop methodologies and drive the creation of regular pricing performance reviews for the organization
- Monitor competitive pricing levels and strategies, and develop analyses to understand their impact & implications for Mailchimp
- Create and maintain evaluation metrics and cross-functional processes to ensure pricing consistency in a continuously evolving product environment
- Develop forecasts/projections around pricing changes and measure impacts to revenue
- Envision pricing product tiering tactics that support marketing in driving new user sign up and adoption
- Manage and execute promotions, including ROI analytics and continuous test & learn of different types of offers. Develop a personalized promotion engine (e.g. next best offer, trade up offers)
- Stand up a churn & win-back capability, including proactive and reactive retention strategies, and tailored win-back offers
- Develop and maintain the capabilities (processes, reports, tools, decision rights) that will enable Mailchimp to review base pricing to the customer base and make strategy- and market-appropriate adjustments to list prices and product tiers
- Recommend and make decisions regarding new initiatives that have significant impacts to the business (e.g., creation of new premium features and services)
- Support the Finance department in managing international pricing decisions
- Formalize and scale up test and learn capabilities for go-to-market topics
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience hiring and managing diverse teams of technically-skilled individuals, guiding them through analytical projects and cross-functional project assignments
- You have demonstrated strong quantitative skills as related to price sensitivity modeling, scenario building and demand patterning
- You have demonstrated expertise at converting complex data and insights into actionable work plans to lead complex discussions with senior executives
- You have significant work experience in quantitative roles within Finance, Marketing or Sales operations and most preferably in Pricing/Revenue Management for a SaaS business
- You have a strong working knowledge and prior experience of pricing in a digital B2C or B2B business with designing, developing, and executing pricing strategies
- You're able to build relationships with cross-functional teams at all levels across the organization
- You have a BS/BA in Finance, Marketing, Analytics, or related field and have at least 5 years of experience in related business leadership roles (advanced mathematical degree strongly preferred)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.