Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Support Operations team plays a critical role at Mailchimp ensuring the Support department runs smoothly and is connected to other areas of the company, especially Product and Marketing. This team consists of the following areas: workforce management, data analytics and reporting, support systems, project management, technical content, support communications, and support product analysts.
We are looking for a Senior Director of Support Ops to join our team. In this role, you will ensure their areas of responsibility are well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures, coaching its people and collaborating with other directors in support and the company. This leader should safeguard and augment the efficiency of the teams to facilitate accelerating development and long-term success. They will also lead the communication of product strategy back to the Support team and help improve product development and support processes to meet our customers’ needs as Mailchimp continues to evolve. You are a dynamic leader, have experience in a SaaS Support Organization, and enjoy working in a fast paced, changing environment. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the VP of Customer Support in leading the department. Contributing to the vision and strategic direction of the department and cascading to Support Operations
- Use Support insights and customer feedback to work cross-functionally with leadership from Support, Research, Marketing, Development, and other departments to ensure the voice of the customer from a support perspective is represented in our product strategy and marketing planning cycles
- Participate in regular meetings with Research, Product, Development and Marketing to help lead and give input on cross-functional product team’s work and processes
- Establish and refine metrics that help assess the productivity and success of the team
- Own support software and tools and prioritize internal tooling projects and customer issues that can be handled by Support Engineering
- Be responsible for Support Ops’ overall staffing plan and budgets
- Continuously coach and develop the Support Ops team through weekly 1:1’s and team meetings
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a proven track record of leading Customer Support or Product teams responsible for successfully delivering SaaS products and service at scale
- You have experience collaborating effectively and communicating strategic initiatives to C-level, VP, Directors, management, and individual contributors
- You possess the ability to establish trust and credibility with senior leaders across multiple departments and functions
- You have the ability to manage competing priorities while balancing the needs of our customers to the needs of Mailchimp’s long term strategy
- You are able to thrive in a fast-paced and quick changing environment
- You have significant experience successfully collecting and transforming business requirements and market needs into a successful product or service strategy
- You are comfortable working on a strategic level with senior leadership and also on a tactical level with Customer Support teams
- Preferably, you have a strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.