Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. The Mailchimp Marketing Operations team helps to provide strategic and administrative guidance, executes a number of initiatives out in the wild, and recommends best practices across a number of marketing functions through effective analysis.
We are looking for a marketing procurement manager to lead and continue to build the budgeting and finance functions for marketing. This person will help manage all aspects of the marketing budget to include; administration, planning, processes, approvals, documentation, guidance, and requirements. This is a critical support role for the marketing team and highly visible, working with the Marketing Leadership Team on a regular basis.
What you'll do here:
- Manage all aspects of the overall marketing budget, and independent marketing team budgets to ensure compliance
- Work with finance and accounting teams to develop processes and ensure alignment
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reviews
- Manage all budget and financial related processes for the marketing team, continuing to update and build new ones as needed
- Work with marketing budget owners on a regular basis, providing guidance and tools
- Manage the Marketing P-Card approvals and expenditures
- Meet with the Marketing leadership team on a regular basis, providing budget updates and recommendations
- Act as the liaison between marketing budget owners and marketing leadership, and finance and accounting
- Be the expert on Finance/Accounting processes (e.g. PO, etc.)
- Drive marketing team towards early and accurate creation of purchase requisitions and compliance with all purchasing policies
- Manage spend approvals against the agreed plan, including approvals of both marketing plans/budgets in systems, and pre-approvals of purchase requisitions
- Support quarter and year end closing processes and provide analysis as needed/requested
- Monitor finance reports, open Purchase Orders and track accruals to provide accurate spend forecasts (within budget)
- Provide analysis to support headcount allocation by marketing sub-team, and provide forecast numbers as requested by Marketing Leadership
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a BA or BS in finance, accounting, marketing, business management, or related field
- You have a strong attention to detail
- You love numbers and spreadsheets and are proficient with Excel and Google Sheets
- You have the ability to evaluate, coordinate, and prioritize requirements in a fast-paced environment
- You have very strong organization, problem solving, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- You have excellent communication and prioritization skills
- You have experience with finance and accounting software such as NetSuite and Prophix, and managing complex budgets
- Bonus points for advanced degree
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.