Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Our Spring internship program has some flexibility in regards to school schedules; interns are expected to be here for the full of week of onboarding, January 7, 2019 - January 11, 2019. For students seeking a part-time schedule, the work schedule is set for full days on MWF.
The Web Ops team is a subset of our larger Marketing Ops team. We are the ones who control our sites and what gets put on them. We help others understand the importances of why we do things in our site for SEO or Google Analytics so that we can see growth from customers who use our site.
We are looking for someone who has great communication skills, and an exposure to CMS platforms and development. This candidate would work with multiple teams throughout the company (engineering, content, partnerships, etc) to help facilitate the creation and updates of new and current content on our website. Additionally, having experience in marketing would be a nice addition with the work our teams do.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and use the mailchimp.com CMS including procedures
- Work in a cross-functional capacity, assisting marketing, design, and engineering teams with daily web production needs.
- Learn and help enforce procedural rules established for content production on the website
- Facilitate the creation of web pages and blog posts, while participating in planning and sprint cycles
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Exposure to working within a Content Management System
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication
- Superior problem-solving skills
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to take initiative, organize, and manage several projects simultaneously (and prioritize appropriately)
- High energy and flexible in a constantly evolving team environment
- A playful outlook on marketing
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.