Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 5 years, we’ve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, and do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way!
Start Date: May 13th or June 17th
The IT Systems/Software Engineering Intern is part of the Mailchimp IT team inside Engineering, and the entire company is our customer. IT helps craft the technology foundation and user experience for Mailchimp employees everywhere. We take ownership when IT systems fail, and we never turn away a call for help.
You will have some solid technical “chops” and awesome communication skills, and happily approach challenges with humor, creativity, and perseverance. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator who may not have all the answers, and who knows when to ask for help. If you’re a persistent tinkerer and want to be part of a solution-building team to help craft internal tools for a lot of customers, please keep reading.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Decent experience with Linux or significant proficiency at macOS command-line tooling
- Scripting/programming experience in one or more common languages (bash, python, etc. php or Go a plus)
- Good understanding of general networking concepts
- Ability to pick up and learn new technologies and languages when needed
- Understanding of basic web application design and configuration, with an emphasis on security
- A level of resourcefulness that sets you apart from your peers
- A collaborative attitude to not only share ideas and resources, but to help others meet their goals and grow the collective knowledge of the team
- Ability to interact with well-documented web APIs through scripting and code
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.