Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Director of Product Marketing will be responsible for driving the success of Mailchimp products and solutions in the global market. This will include developing a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers and prospects, products and technology, the overall market, key vertical markets and segments, and the competition.
Activities will include: Market sizing and opportunity analysis, conducting market and customer research, developing business cases for new solutions, creating product/solution positioning and messaging, creating customer-relevant solutions bundles, developing merchandising strategies, pricing and promotions, developing and executing internal and external launch plans, creating demand generation plans to acquire, grow and keep customers. The successful candidate will work closely with all other marketing functions and product management to accurately position Mailchimp solutions in the marketplace and define go-to-market strategies that will accelerate growth globally.
What you'll do here:
- Build a deep understanding of our customers, the market, vertical markets and the competition across all the regions Mailchimp does business in
- Define segmentation, use cases/scenarios, buyer personas and value proposition and use that to build positioning, targeting, pricing and messaging
- Define clear and compelling customer pain points, value propositions, competitive differentiation and customer success stories
- Create new product introduction strategies and go-to-market recommendations
- Create segment-specific offers and messaging that is compelling, relevant and differentiated
- Partner with the Content Team to support all of the above including webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, and more
- Lead and manage small team of product marketers in support of these responsibilities
- Work with the product management team to uncover new markets and use cases, define new offers and influence roadmap decisions
- Validate hypotheses through customer insights, data analysis, and testing
- Monitor competitive activities, identifying gaps and opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ yrs experience in B2SMB or B2C product marketing in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- You have a proven ability to create go-to-market positioning and strategies
- You have a proven ability to create an position solution offers unique to different segments
- You have experience creating compelling messaging for different segments and personas
- You have the ability to craft compelling stories, collateral, and tools around technology products and services for both business and technical buyers
- You are an experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- You are technically savvy and intellectually curious about new technologies and how they work/enable new customer solutions
- You're an avid learner who has experience learning new markets and industries and devising solutions and marketing strategies to reach those markets
- You have strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views and communicate/collaborate effectively
- You have strong creative, problem solving and strategic thinking abilities
- You've demonstrated an ability to organize and prioritize work to drive results on-time and with high quality
- You have exceptional critical thinking, analytical and quantitative skills
- You have proven experience leading and managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.