Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Group Product Manager - Infrastructure will guide a team of Technical Product Managers on developing the strategy, experience design and development of engineering tools, application patterns, product platforms, and internal-facing APIs. The Group Product Manager - Infrastructure understands how SaaS technology and digital products are accelerating and disrupting the market and apply that knowledge to ensure that products are designed and built to high standards, are extensible and successfully scale. To be successful in this position a candidate must possess a combination of technical and product management expertise, providing a team with strategic direction to drive experience and technology goals.
Essential Functions - Team Management
- Lead a team of associate and mid-level Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
Essential Functions - Portfolio Ownership
- Apply product management, industry, and market expertise to brainstorm and create a strategy and roadmap for sunsetting depreciated technology and introducing new frameworks
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Own the Infrastructure product portfolio; lead with Product Managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs; make product roadmap tradeoffs.
- Work with Design, Content and Engineering partners to develop and improve utilization of internal documentation (API, Design Interface Guidelines, etc.)
- Evangelize the importance of Design and Engineering patterns along with Engineering and Design peers
- Partner with Research to analyze competitive set aligned to portfolio; develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Partner with Design and Engineering to build out internal resources to identify and define design patterns across all devices
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience
- Advanced experience managing technical products in an Agile environment; ability to operate at strategic and day-to-day level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills; adept at making complex information approachable; comfortable interfacing with all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Significant management experience leading Product Management or Business Analyst teams
- Prior development, black/white box testing or operational engineering support experience desired
- Significant SaaS platform or digital/e-commerce experience desired
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 900+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.