Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
This person will lead a product team in developing a feature roadmap focused on delivering data-driven insights to our customers in order to optimize their marketing strategy and budget allocation. The Group Product Manager - Intelligence & Insights will be responsible for improvement of Mailchimp’s customer experience to make data insights more approachable and valuable and differentiated within today’s market offering.
Essential Functions - Team Management
- Lead a team of associate and mid-level Product Managers on delivering requirements, supervising team members’ delivery and execution throughout the product delivery lifecycle
- Create and foster career development goals for team in alignment with company, product and personal growth objectives
- Be a point of escalation and prioritization for team, assessing implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources and mitigating or pivoting accordingly
- Mentor Product Managers on the tenets of product management and data analysis
Essential Functions - Portfolio Ownership
- Own the Intelligence and Insights product portfolio; lead with Product Managers within the portfolio to regularly groom backlogs; make product roadmap tradeoffs
- Develop a framework that allows for rapid build-measure-learn cycles to incrementally improve reporting and recommendations
- Define key qualitative and quantitative metrics for product portfolio and review with Product Managers
- Partner with Research & Product Marketing to identify product opportunities to determine sliding scale of data needs for our customers along with analyzing the competitive set aligned to the portfolio
- Partner with Design and Engineering and Data Science to build effective solutions and with Product Marketing for go-to-market strategy
- Develop deep knowledge of customer needs along with an understanding of the digital marketing landscape for small businesses
- Act as a subject matter expert for in-app analytics features, pushing the boundaries of typical analytics using disparate structured and unstructured data
- Ability to take a proactive approach to product management, with strong follow-through, resourcefulness, attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced experience managing analytics products in an Agile environment; ability to operate at strategic and day-to-day level
- Management experience leading Product Management or Analytics teams in a dynamic environment
- Significant SaaS platform, digital/e-commerce, data management, and BI experience desired
- Comfortable with presenting complex information to all levels of an organization, including senior leadership
- Prior experience as a Product Manager on Big Data projects
- Experience building customer-facing experiences for data consumption and visualization
- Excellent knowledge of BI / analytic tools such as Tableau, Looker, Data Studio, etc.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 900+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.