Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Mailchimp’s Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, and our Security team keeps Mailchimp’s products and users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
Our Security team is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join them. This role consists of building and managing tools to detect and respond to systems security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, and participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills and experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be a strong leader, have a keen eye for detail, and a knack for solving difficult problems.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and improve logging and security monitoring infrastructure
- Develop and support our security incident response plan
- Lead remediation in Red Team findings
- Provide support and participate in compliance and audit efforts
- Collaborate with Operations teams to reduce risk in new projects
- Lead new security initiatives to reduce risk in the infrastructure
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have working knowledge of Linux administration, logging, and hardening
- You have knowledge of on-premises infrastructure architecture
- You are familiar with Elasticsearch
- You have scripting experience in Python or Bash
- You have working knowledge of a configuration management language
- You have experience with security incident response
- You’ve conducted risk and threat assessments
- You have excellent communication and cross-team collaboration skills
- You’re willing to relocate to or travel to Atlanta about once a quarter
Bonus Points for:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and containerized applications
- Familiarity with Golang
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP
If your experience and interests could be a fit for the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.