Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Mailchimp’s Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, and our Security team keeps Mailchimp’s products and users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company and provide resources for others to learn more about operational and web application security.
Our Security team is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join them. This role consists of building and managing tools to detect and respond to web application security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, and participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills and experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be a strong leader, have a keen eye for detail, and a knack for solving difficult problems.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and improve security-focused web application logging & monitoring systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and analysts to develop alerts for suspicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Conduct threat hunting exercises to identify anomalous user behavior in the application
- Build and improve tooling for identifying and tracking suspicious behavior in the MC application
- Participate in an on-call rotation for security incidents and assist in incident response processes
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have experience querying and troubleshooting ELK stack
- You have scripting experience in Python, Bash, or Go
- You’re willing to relocate to or travel to Atlanta about once a quarter
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with BigQuery and/or Elastalert
- Experience in anti-abuse and/or incident response
If your experience and interests could be a fit for the role, even if these pluses don’t match your experience, you are encouraged to apply!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.