Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
Our Marketing team helps drive the Mailchimp brand and shapes the perception of our products. We are looking for a Director of Agency Partnerships to join our team! The ideal candidate will be persistent in their pursuit of new service partners and the programs to support them in their growth and the growth of Mailchimp and the success of our customers through the work of those partners. You will help to define and execute the programs to find, attract, acquire, retain and support those partners in conjunction with the product and support teams.
- Build and manage a team (responsibilities flowing from the list of responsibilities below).
- Service partner account management, community development, and program development
- Must be able to demonstrate and grow the financial and customer growth impact of Agency and Service Partner programs
- Identify potential service partners. Service partners to include (but not limited to) agencies, freelancers, creatives, designers, marketing firms, and others
- Find, connect, build, and leverage relationships with those partners for Mailchimp
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner within Mailchimp, across disciplines, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Contribute to expansion into non-US markets leveraging strong Service Partners and the programs we employ.
- Assist in the creation and execution the programs to support the lead generation for, the sales support for, the education and support of the service partner community.
- Develop and manage the events and engagement strategies to support service partners (e.g. in-person events, sponsored meet-ups, industry events, partner events and partner-led customer events)
- Frequent travel to trade shows, partner meetings and events representing Mailchimp
- Develop and maintain executive level relationships to showcase and evangelize our Service Partners
- Develop and execute the strategies for engaging service partners as our network of influencers and advocates and as a global community of mutually supportive experts.
- Define and deploy methods for measuring and growing revenue derived from Partners
- Consult on strategic marketing and operations planning with leadership, setting objectives and identifying methods to reach those goals.
- Must be keenly aware of our growth initiatives related to Mailchimp target customer segments and markets, as well as Mailchimp’s potential to meet customer needs with our platform in conjunction with those services of our partners.
- Work with other department heads and teams to coordinate integration efforts and ongoing delivery, support and operations.
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 10+ experience in agency / service partnership management, sales, and/or business development.
- Proven experience in identifying, negotiating, structuring, completing, and implementing partnership agreements.
- Understanding of marketing software, SaaS, enterprise applications, solutions, and vendors.
- Understanding of agencies and service businesses and their model for acquiring customers and growing their respective businesses.
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships in the agency and creative community.
- Track record of maintaining business relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to communicate and excellent listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Strong organizational skills and professional business practices a must.
- Multi-lingual a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 900+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.