Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Project Management Team facilitates communication, organization, and flow of the Mailchimp application development process. We resolve difficult problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
Our team is looking for an experienced Manager of Project Management who demonstrates excellent leadership, proficient planning and organization skills, strong judgment and decision making, a flexible and positive attitude, and a strong problem solver. You should be a natural coach and mentor to the team on all things project management while knowing how to navigate and positively influence an organization cross functionally.
What you'll do:
- Interview and evaluate prospective project management talent and make effective hiring decisions
- Determine overall staffing requirements and balance workload to optimize the effectiveness of the department
- Ensure development plans and career paths are documented and understood
- Train, coach and mentor employees on project management methodologies
- Promote and execute on continuous improvement of project management related processes
- Deal constructively with change. Demonstrated history of mentoring staff through change
- Expert understanding of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Discipline (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk Management, Procurement)
- Expert understanding of the software development life cycle
- Expert understanding of agile and lean software concepts
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have extensive Project Management experience
- You have experience directly supervising project management teams
- Possess expert level experience with and the ability to apply Agile and/or Lean methodologies
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle
- You have advanced written and verbal communication skills that are effective with both technical and non-technical audiences
- You are strong organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, presentation, facilitation and follow-through skills
- You have a proven track record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You have demonstrated use of project management techniques and tools
- Hold ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- You are flexible and can change priorities quickly while leading others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) are a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.