Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
At Mailchimp, Software Data Engineers design, build, and maintain systems that process the streams of data created by MailChimp’s millions of users. We work closely with MailChimp’s Development and Data System teams to help them access and manage this high-volume, high-velocity data.
We're looking for a Data Engineer / Software Engineer to join our ranks. This role sits at the nexus of MailChimp's Development, Operations, and Data Science teams, bridging the gap between data storage and data analysis by creating systems to facilitate engineers' access to the data they need. Are you a self-directed, experienced engineer who enjoys the challenge of balancing performance and complexity inherent in distributed systems and data processing at large scale? If so, read on!
Our ideal candidate will combine deep technical skills with a strong desire to support the rest of the organization with a data infrastructure that meets their needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic and effective collaborator, eager to work across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Design, build, deploy and maintain high quality data pipelines, large scale highly parallelized batch processing jobs.
- Build and deploy the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and big data technologies
- Build and deploy Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, process monitoring, optimizing data delivery, building deployment pipelines, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Create data tools that assist the data science team members in optimizing our products and services
- Champion appropriate data governance, security, privacy, quality, and retention policies within the organization
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work in an environment of open discussion
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You enjoy working independently with appropriate support
- Are passionate about building and deploying systems at scale and eager to track developments in your field
- Have strong operational and development experience using Google Cloud Platform, in particular using BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow/Beam, Dataproc (Spark). In addition to Airflow, Dataflow/Beam, bonus points for experience with Apache Kafka, and/or experience with Storm, or similar streaming platforms
- Are proficient in Python scripting and Web frameworks (e.g., Flask). Experience with JVM.
- Have experience scaling and optimizing schemas and performance tuning SQL and ETL pipelines. Have strong operational and development experience of at least one RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Have experience working with other data search and processing systems, such as Elasticsearch, Hadoop, etc.
- Have experience building deployment pipelines with Jenkins, Kubernetes.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.