Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
MailChimp’s Engineering team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Product, Marketing, Support, and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our stacks; we use tried and true components and build our own logic and complexity on top of well understood building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who can help advance our infrastructure by listening hard and changing fast to take care of with the needs of the present and the future.
As a part of the Search Engineering team, you’ll join us in maintaining, scaling, and improving our data pipeline infrastructure that consists of 50 Elasticsearch clusters comprised of 700 nodes. We also maintain a large Kafka footprint that pushes up to 10 billion events per day. Together we’ll provide our internal and external customers with highly available and approachable data pipelines and discovery tools. Search Engineering enables Mailchimp’s understanding of business-critical processes and supports the tools and features that Mailchimp’s customers use to find and fine-tune their audiences.
You’ll help us architect and design new patterns that will enable long term technical strategy. You’ll help us improve our current infrastructure while pushing us towards a more hybrid environment. You’ll work on automating processes, creating tools, and building features that will improve everyone's experience with our data pipeline infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- You’ll join an amazing team that designs, develops and maintains a scalable real-time data infrastructure
- You’ll share in the on-call rotation to ensure the data always flows smoothly
- You’ll assist other teams that depend on this infrastructure to implement new features and functionality into the Mailchimp app
- You’ll migrate specific parts of the infrastructure to GCP where it makes sense
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You’re experienced in search technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, or CrateDB
- You’ve written APIs, tools, and scripts (ex. Python, Bash, Ruby, or Golang)
- You’re familiar with data modeling, creating visualizations, and dashboarding
- You have experience with moving and transforming large amounts of data
- You’ve complemented your Elasticsearch experience with Kafka or other data pipeline technologies
Bonus points if:
- You have hands-on experience supporting and scaling similar distributed systems
- You’ve worked with Puppet profiles, roles, and other patterns
- You’ve migrated infrastructure to GCP or know your way around cloud infrastructure
- You’ve built and deployed services using containers and used container orchestration tooling (Kubernetes, Docker, GKE)
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We love Oakland and are happy to have a small but growing office right downtown, especially convenient to the BART.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.