MailChimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use MailChimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team insures that the MailChimp application deploys and runs reliably in production. We reduce toil by implementing instrumentation and improving observability of running applications. We automate manual tasks so that there are fewer opportunities for errors to occur. We take responsibility for making sure that completed application code runs quickly and reliably. We’re looking to hire individuals to manage SRE team.
Site Reliability Engineering managers work to unlock the potential of the other members of the team by ensuring that their colleagues are unblocked and connected with the support and resources they need to do their best work in support of the team goals.
What you'll do:
- Manage a team of high-performing engineers as they apply Site Reliability Engineering concepts to improve the reliability of MailChimp services
- Utilizing proactive monitoring and telemetry systems to guide Site Reliability Engineering efforts.
- Cultivate healthy channels for communication, review, and feedback. Clearly and effectively communicate across departments, teams, and management tiers.
- Maintain a sense of camaraderie, cooperation, and collaboration among team members. Insure that members of the team feel psychologically safe. Support and encourage those who face challenging situations.
- Build a common mindset by aligning groups of people along shared goals. Recognize team members' desire to do good work, cultivate their intrinsic motivations and strengths, and connect them with the resources they need to be successful. Establish flexible systems for ensuring accountability.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and encouragement to team members. Effectively acknowledge and reward both individual and team efforts. Support employees in their skill development in ways that meet both strategic organizational goals and their individual objectives.
- Recognize when it's necessary to talk through difficult topics and deliver clear, candid, and actionable feedback. Prevent conflict from lingering longer than necessary by focusing on working through issues quickly, productively, and with a minimal disturbance.
- Facilitate open and honest dialog within the team, drawing on the broad experiences and diverse perspectives of team members. Coordinate healthy discussions, and work to establish consent when consensus is unattainable.
- Cultivate and solicit honest feedback about your own performance. Put in time and energy to learn to be more effective when coaching, delivering feedback, and developing others, and to understand unfamiliar technologies, tools, and systems.
- Utilize failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Apply criticism and mistakes as an opportunities to learn without assigning blame or entrenching regret.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Solid experience managing a team of high-performing engineers
- Experienced with both software development and infrastructural support
- Highly effective at at utilizing proactive monitoring and telemetry systems to guide Site Reliability Engineering efforts.
- Experience leading a team through one or more of the following:
- Applying Site Reliability Engineering concepts to establish and improve the reliability of existing services
- Implementation of chaos engineering systems
- Transitioning to a containerized service environment
- Recognize the value of transparent, honest communication and the necessity of sharing information.
- Communicate confidently, write capably, and present effectively to groups of 5-10 people.
- Are patient, resilient, and willing to take on work even when it's challenging, ambiguous, or intense
- Deliver clear, effective feedback even when it’s difficult or intimidatin
- Demonstrate self confidence while remaining open-minded. Willing to consider things from other points-of-view and consider the impact on others; comfortable being proven wrong
- Desire to pursue collaboration even when it introduces dissent. Values bringing diverse points-of-view to the table. Able to balance efforts between planning and acting
- Understand how to augment humility with the courage to propose, develop, and defend ideas they feel passionately abou
- Are Introspective; able to gauge how their own mood and perspective impacts their interpretation of others' behavior, and how their own strengths and weaknesses can support or derail the work of others they interact with.
MailChimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our 800+ employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
MailChimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.