Mailchimp is the world’s largest marketing automation platform. Millions of businesses use Mailchimp to design and send a billion emails a day. We empower small businesses with a suite of powerful and easy-to-use email, marketing automation, and analytics tools that integrate with hundreds of popular applications and services.
The Product Design team is part of the larger Mailchimp Design department made up of multi-disciplined designers, thinkers, explorers and tinkerers dedicated to bringing a shared vision to life. Product Designers sit at the intersection of design, product management, and engineering working closely with product owners, engineering team leads, research, data science, marketing and editorial to arrive at elegant solutions for our users.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Designer passionate about web and mobile technology. You love exploring the latest and greatest in prototyping tools while keeping emerging design patterns and visual treatments on your radar. You are always looking for ways to craft simple solutions out of complex problems with an awareness of the market need, an obsession for detail, and an eye for sharp visual design. We look for a healthy curiosity for how things work, a dedication to collaborate towards a shared vision, and an aspiration to learn and grow in your design career. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
- Tackle complex problems and develop design approaches that translate to elegant user experiences
- Build interaction models, workflows, screen designs, and visual details that resonate with the Mailchimp user
- Collaborate with design peers and cross functional teams to build concept consensus
- Clearly articulate and present concepts to senior product leadership
- Partner with product management and user research to inform deliverables, shape future roadmap discussions and cultivate transparency
- Maintain, guide, and push the boundaries of design systems and patterns
- Experience building and shipping high-impact digital products for consumer or commercial audiences
- Possess a strong command of design process, methods, and activities
- Demonstrate clear outcomes-oriented decision-making in your designs that balance business goals and user needs
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and design rationale through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes and presentations
- Strong portfolio showcasing excellence in user experience, interaction, and visual design. Portfolio should include process and outcomes
- Demonstrate a bias for action and the ability to influence and build consensus in a sometimes ambiguous environment and within diverse teams
- Insatiable dedication to innovation and crafting solutions that push the bounds of possible
- Experiencing working in cross-functional teams to deliver solutions to market, including experience collaborating with Engineers and Product Managers is essential
- Proven capacity to think broadly about product strategy and communicate with senior leaders about decisions and trade-offs
- Ability to maintain a structured working style in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Design from first principles and a keen sense of design taste
- Maintain a positive attitude, open mind, compassionate curiosity and a desire to learn and collaborate
- Possess the requisite skills for producing compelling prototypes and the ability to build functional prototypes is a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned, highly profitable, and private company located in the heart of Atlanta. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.