Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Project Management team participates in all phases of the software development lifecycle. This person will provide support for Mailchimp product development teams to ensure delivery on key product initiatives. Project Managers will need to resolve hard problems and overcome challenges of scale as our organization grows.
You are a self-starter with leadership qualities who can work independently in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment with limited supervision. You are a fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances of complex technology solutions. You will exhibit skill in focusing on desired results, establish what is important and urgent, clarify next steps, and delegate effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. You are an excellent communicator who is passionate about connecting people, facilitating excellent communication, optimizing process and driving improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Provide project management and facilitation of cross functional team planning
- Facilitate product planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting
- Perform risk analysis, develop contingency plans, and gather data from teams to proactively raise prioritization, scheduling tradeoff decisions and critical issues with key stakeholders
- Drive people, process, and technology improvement initiatives to optimize product delivery
- Facilitate cross team interactions and remove impediments
- Lead and ensure all status materials and roadmap documents are compiled, aggregated and completed in a timely fashion and remain well-maintained
- Establish and monitor plans, and ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements
- As the team’s champion, find creative ways to pitch in
- Coordinate as needed with supporting cross departments
- Work on special projects to support Product and Development efforts
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 5 or more years of experience in project management and agile team facilitation
- You're passionate for agile development
- You have a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as organizational, problem solving, presentation and facilitation skills
- You have a strong desire to learn and work with a variety of technologies
- You have a consistent record in risk mitigation and escalation procedures
- You can demonstrate use of project management techniques and tools
- You have the ability to coordinate cross functional work teams towards task completion
- You're flexible and able to change priorities quickly and lead others through those changes
- Project Management (PMP) and/or Agile Certifications (ACP) a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees and their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people, and give them endless opportunities to grow and succeed.
We love our hometown and support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.