While we are currently accepting applications, this role will not become active until September or October. If your application appears to be a fit, we will get in touch with you as soon as we open the position to set up an intro call. We still would like to encourage you to apply, and we recognize that the timeline might not work for you when we reach out. Thank you so much for your patience!
Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to build the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every single day, we work with students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want. We first and foremost care about helping students, and we’ve turned test prep from a necessary evil into an enjoyable experience at an affordable price.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field.
About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Paid Acquisition Manager to help us provide affordable, effective, and enjoyable test prep to even more students across the globe. You’ll lead our paid acquisition strategy across graduate, high school, and English-learning markets, contributing a significant impact to our bottom line. We already have millions of students using our free and paid products on mobile and desktop, and tens of thousands of students who have used our premium prep. You’ll be helping us to increase brand awareness, grow our user base and improve return on investment.
This position is a full time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $92,000 to $122,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Lead paid brand awareness and paid lower funnel strategy for all of Magoosh’s online test prep products, handling a $1 million+ annual budget
- Partner with our agencies to run search, display, YouTube, and affiliate campaigns
- Manage the day-to-day reporting and optimization of paid channels
- Develop and execute strategies for Facebook campaigns
- Set up direct buys from offline channels such as radio, podcasts, and print (+more!)
- Research and vet new ad opportunities
- Analyze and run attribution channel reporting
- Collaborate with marketing and product teams on defining and running paid marketing campaigns to reach company goals
- Have 3+ years of experience successfully running PPC / online marketing campaigns with a focus on return on investment
- Have experience with AdWords (including search ads, GDN, and YouTube), SEO/SEM, Programmatic Display, and Facebook Ads
- Have run offline and/or brand awareness campaigns
- Have advanced experience with Excel and Google Analytics
- Are highly analytical and at the forefront of the latest tools and trends in digital marketing
- Have experience handling budgets and forecasting spend/results
- Have built excellent working relationships with paid acquisition vendors
- Have experience measuring channel effectiveness while considering multi-channel attribution
- Have run experiments to get a better a sense of true value per channel
- Critically think about how ad spend can work with other marketing channels and campaigns
- Can balance a big-picture outlook with the nitty-gritty details, e.g. identifying a problem in daily performance while keeping our 3-year plan in mind
- Are willing to pitch wherever needed on the marketing team (we’re a small startup, after all!)
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience with mobile ads and app tracking/analytics
- Have worked with international SEM or PPC
- Have design experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
To learn more about our benefits and perks, check out our benefits and perks doc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.