Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used in more than 180 countries around the world. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the job
Our mission is to lower barriers so that all students can achieve their educational dreams—and we believe in order to achieve our goals, we need a diverse range of perspectives and ideas. That’s where you come in!
We’re super excited to launch our pilot Student Advisory Board, made up of students from different backgrounds at different stages of their grad school journey. With the support of this advisory board, we hope to create inclusive marketing content that resonates with all types of learners.
This is a remote, contractor position—you can work from home! Pay for this project is $25.00/hour. We anticipate the project to start the week of September 6th, 2021, and end the week of October 31st, 2021. The expected hours are about 10 hours a week (2 hours of meeting with the Project Manager and 8 hours of working whenever is convenient for you). This is a pilot, so it is possible that based on project completion and success, we may hire you for additional projects (if you are interested).
Even though this position is remote and a 1099 contractor role, you must be authorized to work in the US.
We’re seeking a diverse group of people for this board, and we'd be excited to welcome perspectives from:
- first-generation college students
- a variety of racial/ethnic backgrounds (with a focus on underrepresented groups)
- English Language Learner students
- students who are working while in school
In this position, you will…
- Receive weekly assignments to review certain aspects of the Magoosh brand and GRE product experience (this may range from watching YouTube videos to engaging with lesson content)
- Provide your honest and thoughtful feedback about your experience by responding to surveys and providing video and/or written responses to specific prompts by the deadline(s) provided.
- Meet weekly with the other members of the student advisory group and a Magoosh facilitator to discuss your experience and share your feedback with Magoosh.
- Provide concrete examples of ways you’d like to improve the experience to better suit your education needs and goals.
- Experienced with, or passionate about, increasing access to graduate programs within your schools, communities, workplaces, or similar.
- Currently or planning to study (within the next 3 months) to take the GRE or have recently (within the last 6-months) taken the exam.
- Currently enrolled in or are planning to enroll in a graduate program at an American university within the next 12 months.
- An effective communicator.
- Highly responsible and follow through on commitments.
Extra credit if you…
- Experience in equity programs/have done similar work in the past
- Application + Screening Exercise → Phone Interview → Offer
Note: Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply!
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.