Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used in more than 180 countries around the world. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the job
Magoosh creates resources to help students prepare for standardized tests like the SAT or ACT. Though we sell mostly direct-to-consumer, we have a small, mighty, and growing business selling into high schools, districts, and other organizations (we call this B2B). The Business Development Intern will tackle key components to build a pipeline of teachers, counselors, principals, and other qualified leads to support Magoosh’s aggressive B2B growth goals. Beyond lead generation and prospecting, the Business Development Intern will support and nurture current classroom and school partnerships.
This is a remote, part-time internship position (i.e., work from anywhere) that will end in September 2021. The salary is $18-$26/hour depending on location and the commitment is a minimum of 20 hours per week, including scheduled shifts. We ask that you are available two days a week between 4am-6am PST/7am-9am EST. This is subject to change depending on the needs of partners and variability. Research hours are flexible and can be outside of scheduled shifts. Depending on the need, there is potential for this role to extend beyond September.
You must be authorized to work in the U.S. for this position.
In this position, you will…
- Execute a process to source leads for new B2B partnerships
- Nurture prospective partnerships by initiating outreach and conducting follow-up communication in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel and to ensure customer success.
- Support the B2B team – our Business Development Director and a team of three Sales and Client Support Specialists – in all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Respond to and nurture inbound partnership requests quickly and accurately.
- Share product feedback with our Product and Engineering team and manage communication back to partners.
- Help out the B2B team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
- An effective communicator
- You have excellent communication skills via phone, video, and email
- A tenacious achiever
- You are comfortable with hearing “no”; and don’t easily get discouraged
- Detail-oriented learner
- You have excellent organizational skills and can quickly implement new processes
- Education enthusiast
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you…
- Experience with or passion for making cold/warm sales calls
- Experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college admissions
- Experience with B2B sales in a primarily B2C-focused company
- Experience with Hubspot or Asana
Note: Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.