Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used in more than 180 countries around the world. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the job
We’re looking for a knowledgeable lifecycle marketer to join our Growth Marketing team and help manage our email marketing program. In this role, you’ll streamline and improve the performance of our email marketing campaigns, which reach millions of students around the world.
You’ll be responsible for executing and optimizing high-impact campaigns using both email and in-app messages. This position offers the opportunity to lead the function, while having the support of a marketing team that deeply understands the channel — you’ll be defining best practices and building out a playbook for how we best engage and message our students.
This is a remote, part-time position (i.e., work from home!) anywhere in the U.S. (unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate international employment at this time). Pay is hourly, at a rate of $24.50 - $44.00 per hour, and we’re looking for someone who can work 20 - 29 hours per week. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Oversee and streamline our email marketing program
- Launch and manage acquisition, nurture, and engagement campaigns across multiple B2C online learning products
- Own day-to-day campaign execution — developing creative, targeting audience segments, building and sending emails, and analyzing results
- Write compelling copy and develop campaign creative that engages and converts — you’ll deliver messaging using our brand voice to build trust with our audience
- Define hypotheses and execute experiments and A/B tests to improve creative performance, campaign targeting, and conversion impact
- Work directly with email service providers and help drive decisions around how to better leverage technology and customer data for personalization
- Be a collaborative thought partner
- Serve as the go-to expert on outbound messaging for multiple teams, including Product, Growth, Content Marketing and Student Help
- Educate teammates and establish best practices for outgoing customer communications
- Establish measurement frameworks and monitor core KPIs for channel and campaign health with the help of our Data team
- An empathetic and targeted marketer
- You understand our students and their journey, and you’re able to identify valuable customer segments and opportunities to develop personalized messaging for them.
- A data-driven strategizer
- You enjoy regularly digging into campaign performance data and can pivot strategy to achieve best-case results.
- An effective communicator
- You’re excited about partnering with multiple high-impact teams across marketing, product, and customer support. You have a way with words and an eye for effective design.
- A detail-oriented executer
- You move fast and with confidence when shipping campaigns, ensuring each message has been double-checked.
- A creative technologist
- You’re able to squeeze the most out of the platforms you work with, and you look forward to testing out new tools and integrations to make your campaigns even better.
Projects you might work on:
- In 30 days…
- Auditing our current email campaigns and creating a plan for improvement with specific goals and timelines
- Partnering with various teams to understand the messaging needs for their products, and developing campaign strategies to engage their audiences
- In 30 to 90 days…
- Executing on improvements you’ve identified for campaign structure, the effectiveness of individual campaigns, and our overall lifecycle marketing strategy
- Developing the measurement plan for channel health and email campaign performance tracking
- Coming up with better workflows for new campaign creation
- Being the go-to expert for any decisions regarding our email marketing tools - from which features we test to what data we’d need
- In 6 months…
- Depending on the performance of each exam area, the scope of the role could increase. If there’s improvement on our programs, this role could add to the complexity of our work (e.g., migrating platforms, exploring other communication channels, etc.)
Extra credit if you...
- Have experience with CAN-SPAM and GDPR compliance, and have a deep understanding of email deliverability.
- Have set up a new email platform or transitioned from one email platform to another. Familiarity with multiple email service providers, marketing automation, and CRM platforms is a plus
- Are passionate about educational equality and have experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college admissions
Note: Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.