Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries around the world. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want to.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
We are looking for someone who is a verbal whiz, able to understand the nuances of the most complex material on the GRE and GMAT, and to explain it in a simple, easily digestible way, whether it be a written explanation or a video one. You will also need to be a highly skilled writer who can mimic the tone and style of questions when creating content. Finally, you should be comfortable working as a reviewer of other contributors’ content, helping to bring this content up to official standards.
This is a remote contractor position – you can work from home! Pay is $70 - $75 per hour, depending on experience. You must be able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week for a 6-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
Even though this position is remote, you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Create content for a product that will allow students to effectively prep for the verbal section of the GRE, GMAT, and other exams.
- Write original verbal passages and questions
- Create video explanations for verbal test prep questions and concept lessons.
- Providing feedback to other content creators, so as to bring that content up to official standards.
- At least 3 years of experience as a verbal test prep teacher/tutor (GRE, GMAT, SAT, LSAT, etc).
- Are able to incorporate feedback to help you grow in role, as well as provide feedback to others to help them grow as content providers.
- Understand the GRE and/or GMAT, and, the content they assess, the structure of its questions.
- Able to learn the nuances of new tests you might not be as familiar with (ex. LSAT, ACT)
- Have computer skills (knowledge of Google docs and Dropbox is necessary) and a willingness to learn and use new tools.
- Have a BA or BS.
Extra credit if you...
- Have already created content for a range of standardized exams.
- Are super enthusiastic about helping students crack the verbal side of the exam
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.