Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh creates blogs and other free resources to help students learn about and prepare for standardized tests such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, ACT, and Praxis. We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help grow our search visibility by ensuring our blogs and other assets are updated regularly with awesome content that follows current SEO strategies and best practices.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Berkeley, CA. You must be authorized to work in the US.
The salary range for this position is between $94,000 - $103,000 depending on level of expertise.
In this position, you will…
- Drive awareness and engagement
- Work on projects to grow qualified traffic to our blogs and apply up-to-date SEO strategies to improve rankings, click-through rate, and engagement.
- Plan creative and shareable topics for blog content that is on-brand, consistent in style and quality, and optimized for our students’ experience.
- Help with promoting key pieces of content.
- Organize video production and SEO optimization efforts.
- Manage the creation of other forms of non-written content.
- Convert blog visitors to paying students
- Learn to identify content that converts and then find creative and engaging ways to turn blog visitors into Magoosh students via CTAs, email, landing pages, and more.
- Collaborate with our stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with our content marketing team and the greater marketing team to ensure our blogs are aiding our strategic marketing needs.
- Work closely with our remote blog team of writers, editors, and designers to keep existing blog content optimized and up-to-date.
- Develop empathy for our students and stay up-to-date on standardized tests so that we can create timely content that is high in demand.
- Help out the marketing team in any areas needed (we’re a small startup, after all!)
You have many of the following…
- 2-4 years of full-time work experience in content marketing / SEO
- Excellent understanding of SEO best practices related to content development (keyword research, search intent, etc.)
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication, and research skills
- Ability to successfully drive forward many projects at once, with strong attention to detail
- Experience interpreting, collecting, and analyzing data with Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience with WordPress, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics and/or SEO analytics tools (such as STAT Keyword Analytics, SEMRush, Moz, or Ahrefs)
- Experience with YouTube SEO and/or video marketing
- A creative mind and an eye for design
- A growth mindset and a curiosity to learn more about marketing, SEO, business, and the education sector
- A passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field
Extra credit if you have…
- Intermediate or advanced design skills
- Managed a team of writers, editors, and/or designers
- Knowledge of technical SEO
- Experience with test prep tutoring, teaching, and/or college or grad school admissions
- Experience with A/B testing and conversion optimization
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.