Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh is a recognized leader in online test prep for the GRE and GMAT, and we’re looking for an experienced full-stack growth marketer to help us sustainably accelerate the growth of our business. In this role you’ll be responsible for driving growth for our products from end-to-end, from leveraging data and research to set strategy, executing and launching high impact marketing programs, and then analyzing and iterating on results.
This position is a full-time, in-office position based in the Magoosh office in Berkeley, CA with an annual salary of $103,000 - $121,000, depending on experience. You must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Develop and execute the growth strategy for Magoosh’s core exam products
- Launch multiple A/B tests to improve conversion rates on paid products
- Grow subscriber lifetime value by optimizing pricing, promotion and upsell strategy
- Own messaging and positioning for grad products
- Develop and launch targeted activation, nurture and upsell campaigns
- Work closely with marketing, product, and engineering teams to execute campaigns and experiments to reach more qualified students
- 3-5+ years of experience in growth marketing or product marketing
- You’ve successfully scaled growth for an online B2C product, and could do it again
- You’re comfortable analyzing diverse data sets to extract insights and build a story - whether it’s experiment results, consumer research, or product analytics
- You have a knack for writing product copy and messaging that delights and is effective
- You have a strong understanding of pricing strategy, consumer psychology, and promotional tactics
- You have high empathy for your customers’ pain points and a user-focused mindset
- You have passion for education and helping students succeed
Extra credit if you...
- Have teaching experience or have tutored students taking standardized tests.
- Have experience working in online learning or online content
- Are proficient with SQL, Excel, Google Analytics, and Mixpanel
- Are familiar with marketing automation tools such as Intercom and Hubspot
- Are familiar with market research and consumer insights methodologies
Note: Please feel comfortable applying, even if you don’t meet all the requirements for the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.