Magoosh is fixing a broken test prep industry.
Why should students have to put up with exorbitant prices for boring test prep classes and books that might not even work? With Magoosh, they don’t have to. Our mission is simple: create products that give students everywhere access to enjoyable, affordable, and quality test prep. We help millions study at their own pace, on their own time regardless of location, social status, or background. Our team is driven to create the best content and study tools because we’re out to change the test prep experience for all.
Magoosh started in 2009 with four co-founders and a few computers. Today, our team is growing fast and our products are used all over the world in more than 180 countries. Millions have studied with us, downloaded our apps, and watched our videos. And every day, we work with thousands of students to help them get the scores they need to get into the schools they want.
If you’re a friendly, passionate, lifelong learner who’s looking to make a real difference in students’ lives, we want you to help us level the educational playing field. We also believe it's really important that our team reflects the diversity of our students. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Check out our values here!
About the Job
Magoosh has a diverse group of students from around the world who need passionate, hardworking, and empathetic teachers like you to support them on their test-prep journeys and help them reach (and hopefully exceed) their goals. As Magoosh students prepare for their exam by watching lesson videos, answering practice problems, and taking mock exams, they sometimes need personal support to fully understand concepts and maximize their progress. As a Remote Test Prep Expert, you will join a team of experienced teachers crafting written responses to our students that help them master challenging math concepts, apprehend meandering verbal passages, and supercharge their study skills.
This is a remote, part-time position (i.e., work from home). Pay starts at $21.50/hour, with opportunities for advancement. This is a remote position anywhere in the US, so you must be authorized to work in the US.
In this position, you will…
- Write answers to student questions about the GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL, and other exams via e-mail
- Support students who come from 100+ countries and all walks of life to learn and grow on their test-prep journey with academic expertise and empathy
- Encourage students to succeed and ensure that they have fun while preparing for their test
- Contribute to making our overall student academic support process more effective
- Future responsibilities may include other content-related projects if desired
- Have previous experience as a tutor or teacher
- Have outstanding writing skills—a grammar maven with a clear, friendly writing style
- Able to teach and explain foundational concepts in math, grammar, reading, science and other exam subjects through written correspondence
- Have a top score in one or more of the following exams: GRE, GMAT, ACT or SAT
- Hold a BA or BS
- Are always plugged in and very responsive online
- Can work a minimum of 15 hours/week
- Are looking to be with Magoosh for 1+ years
Extra credit if you…
- A notable percentage of our students are EFL, so having experience teaching/tutoring IELTS, TOEFL, or EFL is a big plus!
- Are familiar with Zendesk, Slack, and Asana
- Have previous experience with live chat support
Note: Don’t meet all the requirements for the position? That’s okay. We encourage you to still apply.
To learn more about our hiring process, check out our blog post.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.